If you’re anything like me, you can feel other people’s energy and more often than not also feel them getting stuck on you. There’s been many times where I’ve encountered people out in public who are just pissed off at the world! They leave a trail of this negative energy and just in passing them, I pick it up. The energy that people emit tend to hitchhike a ride on my aura and at the end of the day, they’re all weighing me down. It feels sludgy, gross and tiring. I literally need to take a shower to wash the bad vibes away!
Taking a shower is not only a good hygiene regimen but taking a spiritual shower can also provide a sense of mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
We’ve all experienced the effects of stepping out of a nice long shower feeling refreshed! That’s exactly what it feels like after this little ritual. You’re replenished, lighter and clear. Water contains negative ions and has a profound effect in reducing stress. Its no news that water therapy has been used for physical, emotional and spiritual healing throughout history.
Here are 6 ways you can benefit from a spiritual shower:
- Brings your awareness to the present moment: So many of us go through the motions of our days thinking about something from the past or envisioning something in the future. Taking a spiritual shower helps bring you to the present.
- Helps you reflect inward: There is so much to focus on in our daily tasks; getting the kids ready, making breakfast, work, dinner, dishes, etc. There’s hardly a moment (or the silence) to pause and reflect. When you step into the shower, you’re alone with you and just you. It creates the space that you need for that inward reflection.
- Cleanses you of the negative energy that you’ve accumulated: Just like the dirt and grime that collects on your physical body, other peoples energies have also gathered together and attached itself to you.
- Gives you insight to your subconscious: When you’re finally alone with your own thoughts, your subconscious begins to purge itself. Suddenly, your mind is flooded with a thousand things. And you’ll begin to gain some insight of these underlying notions.
- Helps you get clear and manifest ideas: After your subconscious has a chance to purge itself, you’ll have the opportunity to have some clarity to manifest things that you want.
- Promotes relaxation and better sleep: Cleansing your energetic field will help you feel like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders and you’ll be able to relax and have a peaceful nights rest.
Here are the 7 steps to having a cleansing spiritual shower:
- Get in the shower (no brainer) 🙂
- Envision a pure white light surrounding you and protecting you.
- Ground yourself: Use visualization to connect yourself with the earth. Here’s one that I like to use: imagine roots growing out from the bottoms of your feet that reach down and wrap around the core of the earth.
- Picture your aura: Does it appear cloudy or splotchy with dark areas?
- Wash away the impurities. This is also the time to let your subconscious purge. Starting from the crown of your head, visualize the water washing away all of the negative energy. Take your time and slowly work your way down your body. Make sure that you are completely satisfied with each section before moving on to the next. Let the water rinse everything away and watch (or envision) it flow down the drain.
- Optional: After everything has been washed away, you can invite a peaceful feeling to fill you. You can also take this time to manifest a goal you have. See it clearly in your mind, embody it and feel it as if you’ve already attained it.
- Practice gratitude for being cleansed.
Being a mother of two (6 months and 4 years), I don’t get the luxury of having a shower daily. Which means that I have days worth of negative energy buildup that’s making my daily routine feel harder than it should be. I don’t always feel quite like myself and that’s when I know I really need to wash off the accumulating lower vibrations. A spiritual shower is a much needed component to add to my night time routine.
Being a mom is hard! You’re the chef, maid, referee, chauffeur, storyteller, teacher, security guard, photographer, dry cleaner, handyman and owie kisser (am I missing anything?). Give yourself the gift of self care. Give a spiritual shower a try (you have to shower eventually anyway). You’ll be so glad you did. You deserve it! 🙂